- US East Coast
- Married to Hiral Bhatt Gupta.
- Best friends with Barney (Shih-tzu)
- Never been the brightest kid in the class.
- Finished 12th grade from Chiranjiv Bharati School, Palam Vihar, Gurgaon, Haryana.
Early Web Days
- Got my first email address at age 16, I don’t have that account now.
- Was fasicnated with Microsoft Frontpage & then Macromedia Dreamweaver (Before Adobe took over Macromedia)
- Colleges didn’t entertain my applications
- Dropped out from Delhi University Distance education, B.Com. Wasn’t worth it.
- Joined Call center as Technical Support Executive. Did pretty well there!
Blogging & Web
- Started Mayankgupta.com (Around 2004)
- Came across Blogger.com & WordPress. Hated WordPress at first.
- Realized Blogger.com was limiting, gave into power of WordPress.
- Started ReviewSaurus.com, a tech blog that went from 0 to 200,000 pageviews/month.
Entrepreneurship & WordPress
- Partnered with Rajat Bhadani & Nikola Dimev to start Blog Design Studio in Skopje, Macedonia.
- After few years, both wanted to move to Mobile app development, I wanted to stick to WordPress
- Started Monks Bistro, LLC and hired Engineers from colleges that didn’t seem me worthy!
End of Entrpreneurship (or did it?)
- In 2017 I decided to move away from Monks Bistro.
- I continue to work with businesses with the zeal and learnings as an entreprenuer.
- My experience in sales, marketing, technology, team building, client management has helped me become Product/Program/Project manager.